Freitag, 4. Juli 2008

Dear advertiser,

I am delighted at having found someone very special who is definitely my taste. I am a 43 year old man living in Staten Island. I am lecturer of Fine Arts at the Metropolitan College of New York where I have been employed for six years. If you come to see one of my lectures, you will figure out the differences and similarities among Renaissance sculptures.

I am 5’10’’, weigh 140 lbs, have dark brown hair and green/blue eyes. I am fun-loving, well-kempt, witty, outgoing, understanding, honest and modest.

Because of my job, I do not have much free time to do sports but I try jogging once a week. For the rest, I enjoy reading classical literature, listening to jazz and soul and, of course, attending art exhibitions. Basically, I have a healthy diet and do not smoke. I am good at cooking but also savor having dinner in one of the innumerable Manhattan restaurants, especially when I am accompanied by a graceful lady. Twice a year I travel to Europe or Asia because I regularly have to appease my hunger for sublime culture. My favorite spots are Paris, Mumbai, Prague and Osaka.

Your ad intrigued me a lot. I really feel connected with your multi-faceted personality.

The only thing that made me frown a little bit while reading your advertisement was that you are “in search of…a white, class-act gentleman”. I hope that you are not a racist, are you? You should know that I highly dislike intolerance and arrogance. But I feel, indeed I know, you don’t possess these attributes.

I really cannot wait to see you soon. Maybe our encounter might evolve into a serious and splendid relationship. I’m looking forward to your reply.

Best Wishes

Richard


Das war soeben mein zweiter Essay/Aufsatz/Written Assignment für Advanced English Practice II, beziehungsweise die korrigierte Fassung davon. Aber viel korrigieren musste ich den Text nicht, nachdem ich diesen letzte Woche in ähnlicher Form abgegeben habe, und heute mit erstaunlich wenigen roten Markierungen von unserem AEPII-Dozenten Jansen wiederbekommen habe.

Eine von zwei zu wählenden Aufgaben war es, zu einen von, ich glaub, zehn Kontaktanzeigen (auf Engl.: Contact Ads/Lonely Hearts Ads) einen herauszupicken, auf die wir dann antworten sollten: Ich hab die Anzeige einer 38-Jährige genommen, die ein wenig arg selbstgefällig herüberkam.

Und ich möchte nicht groß damit abgeben, aber ich hab ne 1.3 bekommen. *rotwerd* Aber psst, nicht weitersagen! ;D (Das mit dem Veröffentlichen war ja nicht meine Idee...)

Keine Kommentare: